European Big Data Value Forum 2023 - Joint Workshop
Mobility and Transportation: Evolving Value Chains and Market Dynamics in the Computing Continuum
The transportation sector, with its diverse range of passenger and freight modes, offers a vast array of IT solutions, especially in the realm of Cloud-Edge-IoT (CEI) applications. These applications span areas like transport networks, autonomous vehicles, traffic management, green mobility as a service, analytics as a service, data platforms, logistics applications, fleet management, planning applications, and more.
This session will feature presentations on various mobility use cases and solutions, followed by a panel discussion with industry and R&D experts. Key topics to be addressed include the impact of research projects on the future of the Computing Continuum and the current industry challenges, such as energy shortages.
Agenda - October 25, 2023 - 09:30-11:00 am CEST
- 9:30-9:35 - Introduction by Carolin Zachäus, VDI-VDE IT, EUCloudEdgeIoT
- 9:35-9:45 - aerOS project, Ignacio Lacalle Úbeda, Universitat Politècnica de València
- 9:45-9:55 - Nephele project, Dimitrios Spatharakis, National Technical University of Athens
- 9:55-10:15 - Panel Discussion with aerOS, Nephele, EMERALDS and GREEN.DAT.AI "The Role of Research in Advancing the Computing Continuum and Green AI Technologies"
- 10:15-10:25 - EMERALDS project coordinator, Foivos Galatoulas, INLECOM
- 10:25-10:35 - GREEN.DAT.AI project, Despina Brasinika, INLECOM
- 10:35-10:55 - Panel Discussion: "Enabling Start-ups and SMEs to pioneer the Computing Continuum Landscape"
- 10:55-11:00 - Wrap up
About the Session
This UNLOCK-CEI session, as part of the EUCloudEdgeIoT.eu initiative, offers deep insights into the transportation sector, emphasising cloud-edge-IoT applications. It guides participants through the changing transportation realm, highlighting the capabilities of the Cloud-Edge-IoT spectrum. This event is proudly co-organized with aerOS, Nephele, EMERALDS, GREEN.DAT.AI
Who Should Attend?
The event is free and open to anyone interested in the cloud, edge, IoT domains as well as related topics, including but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Interoperability, ICT security and connectivity. Moreover, the event is particularly dedicated to transportation and mobility professionals and executives, as well as researchers interested in transportation and technology.
About EBDVF 2023
The European Big Data Value Forum (EBDVF) brings together industry professionals, business developers, researchers and policy-makers from all over Europe and other regions of the world to advance policy actions, and industrial and research activities in the areas of Data and AI.
This year, the event will take place in Valencia, Spain, on 25 – 27 October.
The EBDVF 2023 is organised by the Big Data Value Association (BDVA), in collaboration with INCLIVA VLC (Biomedical Research Institute), ITI (Investigate to Innovate), Polytechnic University of Madrid (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid) Polytechnic University of Valencia (Universitat Politècnica de València) and the European Commission (DG CNECT). It has been granted with the Spanish Presidency Auspice.